Finally we came up with a name for our strip — CCC, or Cartesian Closed Comic.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Yesterday, the first issue of the new Russian-speaking electronic magazine, Practice of Functional Programming, was presented.
The issue consists of the following articles:
- editorial, by Lev Walkin;
- two introductory philosophical articles: «Fear of Laziness» by Sergey Zefirov and «Functions and Functional Approach» by Roman Dushkin;
- two more practical articles: Eugene Kirpichov tells about pitfalls and workarounds when using mutable state, and Dmitriy Astapov illustrates top-down design approach using checkers game as an example;
- translation of Dan Piponi's Haskell Monoids and their Uses by Kirill Zaborskiy;
- extensive literature review by Alex Ott.
I am often sceptical about such localized projects, because they artificially narrow their audience. On the other hand, we hope that this magazine will familiarize our programmers with FP and make it a bit less «alien technology».
So, let's wish a great future to the new magazine!