Recently I got an iPad. Here are my first impressions. (If you're going to find anything positive among them, you won't, sorry.)
- To get it working, you need to connect it to iTunes. No idea what for. Before you connect it to iTunes, it won't even show you a wallpaper. And after connecting to iTunes it starts working immediately.
- No iTunes (or replacement) for Linux. And I failed to launch it under Wine.
- Very little number of preinstalled software.
- Appstore has the most complex registration procedure I've seen in the last few years.
- Ukraine is absent from the list of countries, from which you should choose during registration in Appstore.
- After I chose Russia as my country, my user interface became Russian.
I thought that Apple pays some attention to user interfaces.
- iPad cannot synchronise time via NTP. So natural and simple feature that
I even didn't care to check — until clock went off by more than
There is an app to display time obtained via NTP, but it cannot modify the internal clock (no third-party app can, as far as I understand).
BTW, the device also has GPS — another source of precise time. Having WiFi, GPS and being unable to sync clock — that's just ridiculous.